- Introduction to DevOps
- Course Training – Redhat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA on RHEL 8)
- Automation Concepts
- Version Controls Systems
- Course Training – Redhat Certified Engineer with Linux Automation with Ansible (RHCE on RHEL 8)
- Terraform- Configuration Management
- Build Automation
- Tomcat Web Server
- Jenkins Frameworks
- Lamp Setup
- MySQL Database
- Capstone Project: Installation of Word Press with LAMP using Ansible
- Course Training – Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect (AWS-SA)
- Course Training – Docker Certified Associate for Certification Exam (DCA)
- Course Training – Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Course Training – Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Working with Podman
- Working with Buildah
- System Monitoring
- 5 Capstone Projects
According to Puppet, the most critical skills for a DevOps engineer are:
- Coding and scripting
- Process re-engineering
- Communication and collaboration
NOTE: Out of these, process re-engineering is the most demanded skill
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform essential Linux system administration tasks, including establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and executing basic security administration.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Software development, system administration, and an understanding of all basic IT operations.
- Experience and expertise with tools such as GitHub, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef, Nagios, Ansible, and Docker.
- Besides knowing off-the-shelf tools a DevOps engineer should also be well-versed with the basic coding and scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, C#, C++, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, and so on.
- An understanding of database systems such as SQL and NoSQL database models.
- Communication and interpersonal skills are critical for a DevOps engineer since they have to ensure that the entire team behind a software works effectively and share and appreciate feedback to support continuous delivery.
- Access the command line locally and remotely
- Manage files from the command line
- Manage local users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services, daemons, and the boot process
- Manage tuning profiles for system performance
- Control access to files with file system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages and appstreams
- Manage Linux file systems and volumes
- Manage Linux networking and firewalls
How much does a Devops Engineer earn?
The job of a DevOps engineer ranks #2 on Glassdoor’s Top 50 Jobs in America. Also, the role of a DevOps engineer has witnessed a jump of 225 per cent in postings on Indeed.
Glassdoor mentions that the average salary of a DevOps engineer in India starts from INR 6.65 lacs per annum for an average of two years experience. For the same set, PayScale suggests that the average salary of a DevOps engineer is around INR 7.6 lacs per annum. PayScale also mentions that pay is also a function of the skill sets acquired by a DevOps Engineer. Also, most of the professionals in DevOps move to other related roles in a span of 10 years.
According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the DevOps market size is expected to grow up to $10.31 Billion by 2023, due to the increasing need for high-quality fast application delivery. Thus, the career opportunities for DevOps engineers are immense
A DevOps practitioner may be called a DevOps Architect, Automation Engineer, Automation Architect, System Engineer, Release Manager, Developer-Tester, Integration Specialist, and a Security Engineer. The popular DevOps job roles for which one can apply are:
– Application Developer
– Security Engineer
– Integration Specialist
– System Admin
– Automation Engineer
- Redhat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA on RHEL 8)
- Redhat Certified Engineer with Linux Automation with Ansible (RHCE on RHEL 8)
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect (AWS-SA)
- Docker Certified Associate (DCA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)