Designed to complement Architecting on AWS, this course intended for individuals who are preparing for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam. In this course, the candidates will undergo the training which will give them a broader horizon on how to architect solutions using various AWS services. After going through the training, candidates will be able to use and fully work on major services that AWS provides over the internet. They will be able to differentiate between different types of clouds and their architecture. Also, the hands on labs will provide them with more in-depth knowledge.
- Use AWS architectural best practices for every task to be carried out on AWS.
- Design and deploy highly available, easily scalable and fault tolerance solutions.
- Shifting the existing on-premise applications to AWS with lowest possible latency.
- Select the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements.
- Estimating costing beforehand and identify cost control mechanisms.
There are no prerequisites for the course. But a theoretical knowledge of cloud to a basic level will be an added advantage.
The following candidates shall go for this course:
- Candidates who are working on as a cloud support engineer and wanting to increase their knowledge on AWS.
- Candidates who are looking forward to make a career in cloud computing.
- Introduction to AWS Services
Getting started with cloud computing and understanding services that AWS provides.
- Identity and Access Management
Understanding providing fine grained permissions with respect to users, groups and AWS resources.
- Simple Storage Service
Understanding AWS object storage service, S3, snowball and AWS snowmobile. Hands on practice on versioning, life cycle management and object permissions and storage classes.
- Amazon Glacier
Working with data archives on AWS.
Working with CloudFront to create highly reachable and low latency application using edge locations, distributions and origins.
- Elastic compute cloud (EC2) and Amazon Machine Image.
Working with Virtual servers in cloud. Understanding different instance types, security groups, auto scaling groups, launch configurations.
Working with CloudWatch for monitoring instance health. Using cloud init with EC2. Understanding Instance Metadata and placement groups.
- Elastic Block Storage and Elastic Load Balancers.
Understanding AWS Block Storage Service, Elastic Block Storage ( EBS ). Performing incremental snapshots, block device encryption, using EBS volumes with EC2 instances.
Creating and configuring application centric Elastic Load Balancer to distribute traffic to instances. Using Elastic Load Balancers with Auto scaling groups for achieving high availability.
Understanding DNS, registering a Domain name with Route53. Understanding various Routing Policies.
- Databases on AWS
Getting started with AWS Database service. Creating fault tolerance database architecture with read replicas and multi AZ deployments.
Understanding DynamoDB, Redshift, ElastiCache, Aurora and RDS.
- Virtual Private Cloud
Introduction to AWS VPC. Creating VPC. Working with NAT instances, NAT gateways, security groups, ACL.
Working with Jump boxes or Bastian hosts.
- Application services
Understanding the application services such as Simple Queue Service, (SQS), Simple Work Flow (SWF), Simple Notification Service(SNS), Elastic Transcoder.
Getting started with practicals in CloudFormation, the must know service from AWS in order to become a successful AWS Solutions architect.
- Exam Preparation.
Understanding different domains on which exam is conducted and understanding all the concepts.