This course is designed for candidates who wants to learn the skills to manage a data center for virtualization. This course also allows candidates to be able to take the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator exam. It also helps individuals who are working as a system admin and wants to increase their scope of knowledge for Virtualization infrastructure, guests and hosts using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
A Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator is capable of the following tasks:
- Install and configure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
- Using RHEVM to create data centers, pools, templates and clusters of resources.
- Configuring and installing RHEVM to support Linux and Windows users and manage them from centrally from one console.
- Performing Live VM migration.
- Configuring a pool of distributed hosts for deploying tasks on virtual machines over the cluster.
The following candidates shall go for the RHCVA course:
- Linux system administrators who are having a decent experience of managing their day to day tasks.
- System administrators from other platforms who has got a good knowledge of virtualization.
- RHCEs who are willing to become an Red Hat Certified Architecture ( RHCA ).
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Overview
Understanding the virtualization types and architecture of virtualization.
- Install, configure and test manager
Install, configure and testing manager for getting started with virtualization
- Install and configure hypervisor hosts
Understanding hypervisor , thin clients and thick clients.
- Create data centers and clusters.
Create data centers and cluster of hosts, nodes, storage domains and logical networks
- Create and maintain storage
Understand different domains of storage. Configure ISO domain and data domain
- Create logical networks
Install virtual desktops and configure para virtualized drivers
- Deploy virtual machines
Spinning up Linux or Windows virtual machines over multiple nodes.
- Manage VM snapshots and images
Use hosts and deploy the user portal with multilevel administrative roles.
- Automate VM deployment
Using templates for automated provisioning of virtual machines.
- Monitoring and report Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
Backing up and restore RHEVH. Using virtualization CLI and API.
- Installing and configuring thick client
Understanding thin and thick client. Configuring thick clients.
- Migrating VMs and achieve high availability
Live VM migration over the hosts.
- Comprehensive review.
A comprehensive review about Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor and Manager.