Red Hat Open Stack Administration III is the follow up course of Red Hat Open Stack Administration I and Red Hat Open Stack Administration II, enhancing and focusing mainly on the networking part of open stack. It focuses on practical hands on labs and introduction to Ceph storage environment for persistent storage and it’s integration with open stack.
This will also help candidates to get ready for the RH310 ( Red Hat Certified Engineer In Open Stack ) Exam.
1. Candidates certified as Red Hat System Administrator or candidates working as Linux administrators.
2. Candidates who are willing to start their career in cloud computing or who has done the Red Hat Certified System Administrator II course.
Because this course is a course of expertise, it demands a few knowledge of Linux operating system for managing the services and accessing the open stack APIs by using command line interface. Also, a little troubleshooting along with initial knowledge of open stack is also required so that the candidate is able to troubleshoot any problems coming in installation or post installation
30 Hours 00 Minutes
- Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
- Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features.
Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
- Create snapshots and clones
Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
- Ceph with the Glance Image service
Integrate Ceph with the Glance image service, the Cinder block storage service, and the Nova compute service.
- Introduce networking fundamentals
Explain standard networking concepts and OpenStack Neutron networking concepts and services.
- Implement virtual bridging
Install and manage virtual network bridges.
- Implement virtual network devices
Create and deploy virtual network devices.
- Implement network namespaces
Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
- Manage neutron services
Verify and manage the configuration of Neutron networking service.
- Provisioning project networks
Provision project networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
- Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
- Troubleshoot Neutron networking services
Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
- Comprehensive Review
Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.